Monday 22 December 2014

So this is Christmas - three days before Christmas


T’was three days before Christmas and all through the house

Not a person was helping, not even my spouse …
The children were restless and what made it worse …
I at my computer typed nonsensical verse!

When what to my poor bloodshot eyes did I see,

But the calendar with three days left glaring at me!!
So off to the kitchen I flew like a flash …
Tore open the cupboards made a mad dash.

Baking my cookies and stirring my fudge,

Dozing by the sink till someone gave me a nudge!
I still have the presents to wrap, and bows to tie
and the house is a disaster I thought with a sigh …

I looked ‘round at the mayhem and thought to myself …

Next year will be different … I’ll organise myself!!
I laughed when I heard the traditional phrase
That was made every year and forgot in just days …

So to all who know me I have only one thing to say …

Merry Christmas to all …
JUST DON’T GET IN MY WAY!!

Paula Siminski – Christmas ‘97

No comments:

Post a Comment