Thursday 31 March 2016

A to Z Challenge Theme Reveal update - #AtoZChallenge2016 #themereveal


Well, here we are at the start of the A to Z Challenge 2016. As I said in my theme reveal I have found a new family in my family history research so I have decided to use the challenge to research and discover more about this elusive new family. The new family is that of Mary Jane Young, my great-great-grandmother Elizabeth Hannah Young's sister, her husband Alexander Walker and their descendants.

UPDATE: thinking about the family I realised that they were around in Mackay, Queensland in the early days of settlement so I have decided to discover some of the early Mackay history as it relates to this family and others in my family tree. I hope you enjoy the journey.

2 comments:

  1. This should be an interesting journey. Good luck on the Challenge!
    Pam Margolis
    An Unconventional Librarian

    Co-Host, Blogging from A to Z April Challenge
    http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam - I hope you enjoy the journey with me

    ReplyDelete