Thursday 2 April 2015

B is for Betty (#AtoZChallenge)

B is for Betty (#AtoZChallenge)
Do you have any Betty's in your family? I have eighteen ladies by the name of Betty and seven others with the nickname of Betty. I have eight with only the name Betty and two with Betty Elaine. My Betty's were all born between 1789 and 1939 - how about you?

Betty's language of origin is Hebrew, and it is used mainly in the Dutch and English languages. The name was first used in the 18th century. In addition, Betty is a pet form of the English, Greek and Hebrew Elizabeth.

My Thomas ancestors had a daughter Elizabeth in 1815 who died in 1816, their next daughter was also named Elizabeth b 1818 and died in 1819, they then had another daughter they named Betty b 1820 and died in 1890. So, obviously Elizabeth was an unlucky name for that family and Betty was not.

1 comment:

  1. I went with WHAT IS IN A NAME...so similar topics. BETTY, I love it . never met a Betty I did not like! I went with BERTHA

    #Blogging from A-Z swinging by to meet and greet. I am 471 and 472 in the long list, with MOVIES & What's in a NAME Hope you swing by to 4covert2overt and Defining Ways. Hope to meet up everywhere @M_C_V_Egan
    http://4covert2overt.blogspot.com/
    http://mariacatalinaegan.com/
    .⋱ ⋮ ⋰.,;***;,.⋱ ⋮ ⋰
    ⋯¤♥¤⋯.(^_^)⋯¤♥¤⋯
    ⋰ ⋮ ⋱..._/l\_...⋰ ⋮ ⋱
    ♫ ƤҼƌҪҼ ƌƝƊ ĻƠṼҼ ॐ βԼƐֆֆїɳɠֆ ƌƝƊ βԼїֆֆ ♫...

    ReplyDelete