Thursday 1 October 2015

I'm back ... sort of

I'm back in the land of blogs - well sort of - I have been busy recovering and becoming involved in the Genealogical Society of Queensland (GSQ) again. GSQ had decided to move from our current premises when our lease expires on November 30 so as you can imagine I have been busy with that planning.

Also, this coming weekend the In Time & Place Conference is being held jointly with History Queensland and Queensland Family History Society. I have been on the planning committee for months now and will be mightily relieved on Sunday afternoon when everything is finished.

Then there is the GSQ Annual General Meeting on Saturday 10 October - as the Secretary I have a lot of work to complete for the meeting.

Then we move - I dread the packing and then of course the unpacking. I wake up in a cold sweat at night with visions of lost items, broken equipment, worn out volunteers - the list goes on.

SO, after the conference, the AGM and the move I should be able to totally relax over the Christmas-New Year period.

Ahh, I forgot to add that while on library duty at GSQ last Thursday I twisted on a chair and dislocated my hip - so much fun with paramedics and pain medication and off to the Wesley emergency Centre - a "twilight anaesthetic" of the wonderful ketamine and midazolam - and the hip was put back in. As my medical people say - you are so fortunate that anything possible will happen to you - my surgeon is furious as this particular prosthesis is supposedly not able to be dislocated - well it has happened twice since surgery - of course I am not too happy either. 

Will let you know about the conference.

3 comments:

  1. I've missed your posts. Look forward to reading more after your big move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope to run into you at the conference... Where is GSQ moving to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're okay :) I'll see you at the Conference!

    ReplyDelete