Sunday 29 March 2015

52Ancestors #11 - James Douglas & Sarah Moore - 3rd great-grandparents

This post is for Week 11 of the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge - 2015 - by Amy Johnson Crow from No Story Too SmallPrompt for Week 11, Luck of the Irish. This week I am going to write about my 3rd great-grandparents James Douglas & Sarah Moore and hope that the Luck of the Irish works for me.

James Douglas & Sarah Moore are a brick wall for me. Their daughter Jane Douglas married my second great-grandfather James Thomas in Mackay, Queensland in November 1864 in the Church of England. On her marriage certificate, she states that her father was a weaver, that makes a lot of sense as County Armagh was a significant player in the Irish linen industry. 

However, I can find no record of James Douglas or Sarah Moore in Armagh or indeed anywhere in Ireland. They must have just disappeared in a puff of smoke. Jane was born in 1835 in Portadown, Armagh and was Church of Ireland. 

Perhaps as it is near St Patrick's Day the luck of the Irish will shine down and I will magically uncover some information about James Douglas & Sarah Moore. Here's hoping for some leprechaun magic!


No comments:

Post a Comment