Sunday 8 March 2015

Fearless Females March 8 - letters and notes

The blogging prompt for today is - did one of your female ancestors leave a diary or letters?

Unfortunately, I don't have a diary from one of my female ancestors but I do have some letters that my grandmother wrote. Like most of her generation, my Nan had beautiful handwriting, lots of curls and flourishes. Children were certainly taught how to write when Nan was a girl.

Nan was very interested in family history and was the repository of all the family stories. How I loved spending time with her when I was growing up. I used to sit for hours on end looking at photos an listening to her telling me about her childhood outside Mackay in Queensland. I inherited all of her photos and papers so am really blessed. I just wish that she was still here to share some of my more recent discoveries but as Nan is my 'genie angel' I know she is watching everything I do and helps me uncover the right information.                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
A note from Nan about her grandfather James Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment