Sunday 29 March 2015

52Ancestors #12 - Helen Connor - a 3rd cousin once removed

This post is for Week 12 of the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge - 2015 - by Amy Johnson Crow from No Story Too SmallPrompt for Week 12, the same. The further questions are: What ancestor is a lot like you? What ancestor do you have a lot in common? Same name? Same hometown?

Well, I have a third cousin once removed named Helen Connor. This Helen Connor is the daughter of Hilton Clarence Connor and Marjorie Carr who married in Grafton, New South Wales in 1946. So, Helen is a baby boomer child like myself. 
Is she a mirror image of me?


I wonder what this Helen is like. I wonder about her growing up in the Clarence Region of New South Wales. I wonder does she know about me. Does she like coffee as much as I do? Does she love reading, and what books does she like? Is she fascinated with her family history?

I would like to meet this 'other' Helen Connor. I am planning a trip down to the Clarence and Richmond River regions later this year, perhaps I will meet up with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment